- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
County’s first pot retailer to open in Port Ochard
Kitsap County’s first recreational marijuana retail store may open soon in Port Orchard after the state’s Liquor Control Board issued a license last week, according to state’s Liquor Control Board.
Crockpot, located at 1703 SE Sedgwick Rd, Suite 113, has been issued a license by the state. It was second among 40 at-large applicants in the spring lottery. It also has another application in Pierce County for 9506 Canyon Rd.
“There is no definite opening date set because we are trying to secure product,” said Colette Thomas, who handles Crockpot’s public relations. “We probably opening within the next couple weeks.”
According to Doug West, partner with Crockpot LLC, the store has its state and city license to open its recreational marijuana retail store.
City Clerk Brandy Rinearson said the city received a notice July 22 from the Liquor Control Board about issuing the marijuana retail license to the Crockpot owner. She said the license is valid until Dec. 31.
At the Sedgwick location, construction is under way inside that is shielded by paper on the large glass windows. There are several signs about video surveillance and no minor allowed inside posted on the glass windows.
According to the Liquor Control Board, it will allow Kitsap County seven at-large retail location, along with two in Bremerton and one on Bainbridge Island.
Marijuana retailers may begin selling marijuana at their discretion following receipt of product and entering it in to the traceability system, according to the Liquor Control Board website.
Businesses receiving their licenses allotted by the Liquor Control Board for retail sales have successfully completed the licensing process. Locations receiving licenses were selected by taking into account population, geographic dispersion and the individual applicant’s readiness to be licensed.
The issuance of the first retail licenses in South Kitsap represents the latest step following more than 18 months of establishing a tightly controlled and comprehensive system of producing, processing and retailing recreational marijuana.
For more information, go online to www.liq.wa.gov.
According to the LCB website, of the 2,170 marijuana retail license applicants, the following are listed in South Kitsap:
• 420 Sweetleaf, 1397 Olney St., Ste. 205, Port Orchard, license pending
• BB&B, 1760-1762 Mile Hill Dr. and 1170 SW Bay St, Port Orchard, license pending
• Best Buds, 1374 SE Lund Ave., Port Orchard, license pending
• Green Bubba, 4648 Mile Hill Dr., Port Orchard, license pending
• Green Spanky, 1535 SE Cedar Rd., Port Orchard, license pending
• Green Zen, 1397 Olney St. Ste. 111, Port Orchard, license pending
• Greenway, 4851 Geiger Rd. SE, Port Orchard, license pending
• GreenX3, 1460 Segwick, Port Orchard, license pending
• JCB Management, 200 Bravo Terrance, Port Orchard, license pending
• Kitsap Management, 200 Bravo Terrance, Port Orchard, license pending
• Kitsap Marijuana Connection, 4211 Feigley Rd. West, Port Orchard, license pending
• Legal Marijuana Superstore, 4211 Feigley Rd. West and 3610 Bethel Rd. SE, Port Orchard, license pending
• Pacific Cannabis Co., 5163 Bethel Rd. SE and 4211 Feigley Rd. West, Port Orchard, license pending
• Siska Enterprises, 200 Bravo Terrance, Port Orchard, license pending
• T&D Enterprises, 1375 SE Lund Ave., Port Orchard, license pending
• The Green Store, 504 South St., Port Orchard, license pending