- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
“Making Friends with the Media” set March 27 in Gig Harbor
GIG HARBOR — The Gig Harbor’s Arts Commission, an all volunteer organization, will present a workshop “Making Friends with the Media” on Wednesday, March 27, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Gig Harbor Civic Center, 3510 Grandview St.
The free workshop is open to the public.
Local non-profit organizations, small businesses and anyone who desires to learn how to use media for promotion is invited. A panel of local media and marketing professionals will be available including;
- Scott Turner, Editor Key Peninsula News
- Ric Hallock, Editor Gig Harbor Life
- Rosemary Ponnekanti, Writer Arts and Heritage, The News Tribune
- Spencer Abersold, General Manager, KGHP Radio
- Laureen Lund, Marketing Director, City of Gig Harbor
- Dave Hinman, Executive Director/General Manager, KBTC-TV
- Crystal Morisette, The Weekly Volcano
- Brett Davis, Reporter, The Peninsula Gateway
Attendees will learn some tips on writing press releases; why, when and where to send press releases; and input from professionals on what they are looking for in press releases. Time will be available to ask questions as well as provide the Arts Commission ideas for future workshops.
This event is the first in a series of educational programs The Gig Harbor Arts Commission is planning in an effort to assist local groups, organizations and small businesses in learning how to get their message heard.
For additional information, call Charlee Glock-Jackson at 253-857-5604.