- About Us
Nominations sought for annual Chamber awards
The Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce is looking for nominations for the 2013 South Kitsap Small Business of the Year Award, along with Man and Woman of the Year.
Chamber Executive Director Chris Daniel said the award is designed to recognize local small businesses’ dedication, innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, exceptional business achievement and outstanding commitment to our community.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Businesses employing less than 30 full-time employees.
• Must be locally owned and privately held (institutional facilities, non-profit organizations, regional offices and franchisees are not eligible).
• Must be a member in good standing with the Chamber of Commerce.
• Business must be in operation for a minimum of two successive years.
• Businesses that provide a current member to the Chamber of Commerce board of directors will not be eligible for consideration.
• The business must engage in business activity within the Port Orchard/South Kitsap community.
The Chamber of Commerce board of directors will consider the following criteria when selecting the winner. Nominees do not need to meet all of the criteria:
• Contributions to employment and excellence in employment relations.
• Practices exemplary business conduct and responds positively to adversity in business.
• Excellence in community relations and aid to community projects.
• Involvement in professional, business and trade associations.
• Proven business achievement including increase in sales and/or unit volume.
• Demonstrated outstanding customer service.
• Proven marketing and promotional achievement.
• Product innovation and technological advancement.
• Strong business or management philosophy.
For Man and Woman of the Year awards, Daniel said the successful candidate will have a history of service to the organizations of their choice and will have been an active participant in the enrichment of the South Kitsap community.
The nominee does not have to be a Chamber of Commerce member or be associated with a business organization. The nominee can be active in a church or synagogue, a youth organization, a not-for profit organization, fraternal, educational or political organization, Daniel said.
Award nominations can be made by the general public.The award winner is selected by members of the chamber’s board of directors.
Nominations must be received by the Chamber no later than by 4 p.m. Sept. 13. The Chamber of Commerce office is located at 1014 Bay St. No. 8.
Award winners will be announced at the annual Chamber of Commerce Fundraising Dinner and Installation Banquet tentatively set for Oct. 11. Each winner will receive a complimentary dinner, a plaque, be featured in the Chamber of Commerce’s November E-newsletter, highlighted on the Chamber’s website and featured in local media releases.
For more information, email Daniel at email@example.com or call 360-876-3505.
Small Business of the Year nomination form: http://www.portorchard.com/joomla/images/2013SKSmallBusinessoftheYearAward.pdf
Man and Woman of the Year nomination form: http://www.portorchard.com/joomla/images/13MWyearnom-writeablepdf.pdf