- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
First-ever Chocolate Festival is successful
The first-ever Fathoms’ o’ Fun Chocolate Festival is in the books.
Sharron King, Fathoms chair, said the three-day event was a success.
“I thought Friday night’s Chocolate Festival Ball was a success from the standpoint that I believe everyone who attended had a good time,” King said. “The ambiance was beautiful and the band was great. The food sampling and chocolate sampling was wonderful.”
As for the two-day Chocolatier and Craft Show on Saturday and Sunday, King reported more than 950 people attended.
“I could not have been more pleased with the traffic,” King said. “There was a steady flow of people throughout both days.”
Barb Wilson, owner of Barb’s Sweets and Treats in Bremerton, said she decided to attend the festival rather than the outdoor farmers market in Poulsbo.
“I’m glad I decided to come here,” Wilson said. “The attendance is good and people are buying lots of chocolate and other candies.”
Bonnie Andrews and her son drove from Dallas, Ore., to set up samples of their products from Melting Pot Candy. Their displays have a dozen samples of chocolate and other items.”
“We’re really glad we made the trip up to Port Orchard,” Andrews said. “A lot of people have stopped by our table and sampled our products.”
King said it was great seeing parents bring their children to this event.
“I think everyone enjoyed sampling the chocolates, caramels and truffles,” King said.
Results from the public balloting on Saturday and Sunday were:
• Best Chocolate: 1. Melting Pot (Dallas, Ore.), 2. Carter’s Chocolates
• Best Caramel: 1. Rockin Chocolate (Shelton), 2. Melting Pot
• Best Truffle: 1. Rockin Chocolate, 2. Melting Pot
During Friday’s ball, the following winners were announced:
• Best Restaurant: 1. Homemade Café, 2. Kelly’s Café & Espresso, 3. Bay Street Bistro, Honorable Mention: Everybody’s American Cookhouse
• Best Caterer: 1. Essence of Thymes, 2. Albertson’s (Sedgewick)
• Best Chocolatier in Port Orchard: 1. Carters Chocolates
• Best Chocolate: Melting Pot
• Best Caramel: Amy’s Decadent Chocolates (Bremerton)
• Best Truffle: Blissful Wunders (Olympia)
Others participating in the festival were Barb’s Sweets and Treats in Bremerton, Coastal Candies and Café in Ocean Park, Nostalgia House Bakery in Port Orchard and Tease Chocolates of Vashon Island.