- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Several activities planned for Thanksgiving celebration
• The Port Orchard Eagles will assist South Kitsap Helpline with distributing Thanksgiving baskets for needy families from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 25 and 26, at the National Guard Armory, 1950 Mile Hill Dr.
Four South Kitsap churches will host a joint Thanksgiving Eve community worship service next week.
Congregations from the Spirit of Life Lutheran, Elim Lutheran, St. Bede Episcopal and First Lutheran Community churches will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, at the First Lutheran Community Church, 2483 Mitchell Road SE, Port Orchard.
Singing, special speaker, dessert and an auction are planned. All proceeds will benefit South Kitsap Helpline, Lifecare Food Bank and Children of the Nations.
• Bethany Lutheran Church is scheduling a Thanksgiving service at 10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 28. The church is located at 151 Tremont St. W.
• MoonDogs, Too, 714 Bay St., will host a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, Nov. 28, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, dessert and drinks. Donations will be accepted.
• La Palapa Mexican Grill, 150 Harrison Ave., along with South Kitsap Helpline will host a Thanksgiving dinner for needy families from 12-3 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 28. The dinner is free and will include roasted turkey with all the trimmings. For more information, call 360-443-2272. To arrange for free transportation to and from the restaurant, contact Katie at 206-948-7332.
• The Port Orchard Eagles will have a Thanksgiving dinner at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 28, for all Eagles’ members and guests do not have a place to go on that day. The club will provide turkey with stuffing, ham and mashed potatoes with gravy, but is asking members and guests to bring a side dish or dessert to the dinner. The Eagles Hall is located at 4001 Jackson Ave. SE.