- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
SLIDE SHOW | Fathoms announces parade winners
The Fathoms o’ Fun Festival parade committee announced the award winners of the 2014 Grand Parade, sponsored by Columbia Bank.
The Saints Car Club was named the Grand Sweepstakes Award winner from among the more than 100 entries and approximately 1,200 participants.
“To be eligible for this award, an entry must have been judged “best” in a parade category,” said Sharron King, Fathoms chair. “All other units in Grand Sweepstakes winner’s category move up one place in awards.”
The Community Festival Float Awards, which were judged before the parade, were presented at the parade’s starting point.
The winners were:
• Sweepstakes - Mason County Festival
• President’s - Port Townsend Rhododendron Float
• Mayor’s - Daffodil Festival Float
• Queen’s - Olympia’s Capitol Lakefair
• Governor’s - Sequim Irrigation Festival Float
• Princess - Clallam County Fair Festival
• Festival - McCleary Bear Festival
• Northwest Pride - A Forks Old Fashioned Fourth of July Festival Float
The following winners. who were judged as they passed the review stand, in each of the categories were:
• Antique, Classic, Custom Vehicles, Individual - Best: 1923 Ford Model T One Ton, Al Everson, Jr.; second: 1928 Model A Ford, Locke
• Car Clubs - Best: Kitsap Classics Car Club; second: Kitsap Mustang Club
• Cheer Squads - Best: Crown Jewel Allstars.
• Commercial Entries - Best: Tulalip Resort Casino Float; second: Bruce Titus Ford Antique Fire Engine
• Dance and Gymnastics - Best: Synergy Dance Co. from Academy of Dance; second: Just for Kicks School of Dance
• Drill Teams with or w/o drum lines - Best: Washington Diamonds Drill Team; second: Elegance Drill Team Lady’s of Elegance
• Drum Lines - Best: All Star Drumline
• Equestrian - Best: Kitsap Saddle Club
• Sooper Scooper - Best: Kitsap Saddle Club
• Fraternal - Best: Port Orchard Eagles (People Helping People)
• Military and Veterans Groups - Best: Bremerton Base, US Submarine Veterans
• Political - Best: Jesse Young for State House
• Religious Groups - Best: Port Orchard United Methodist Church Bell Choir, second: Bethany Lutheran Church, School Early Learning
• Service, Non-Profits Units - Best: Cub Scout Pack 4526; second: Kitsap Humane Society
• Specialties - Best: Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club
• Visiting Royalty (without festival floats or horses) - Best: Miss Washington National Teenager; second: Miss Viking Fest and Little Miss Viking Fest
Appreciation Awards were to the Tenino Motorcycle Drill Team, Leo’s Towing, Inc.; Grand Parade Sponsor Columbia Bank; 2014 Honored Grand Marshall Carolyn Powers; 133rd Army Band of Washington National Guard, South Kitsap School Community Marching Band and South Kitsap School District Bus Transportation.
Air Masters won for Best Use of Fathoms Theme.
This year’s judges were Pam Heinrich, art director for the Sidney Art Museum; Kathy Michael, co-owner of Cedar Cove Inn; Mike Wernet, battalion chief and medical officer with South Kitsap Fire and Rescue. Bryan Petro served as the review stand announcer and Tracy Martin was the Bay Street announcer.
The parade will be broadcast at noon July 13 on BKAT.