BREMERTON — A pair of tall ships — the brig Lady Washington, the Official Ship of Washington state, and the topsail ketch Hawaiian Chieftain — will call on the Port of Bremerton Aug. 18-24 and offer public sailing programs and tours at the Bremerton Marina, 120 Washington Ave.
Here’s the ships’ public schedule:
• Aug. 19: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., walk-on tours, $3 donation per person requested.
• Aug. 20-22: 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., walk-on tours, $3 donation per person requested.
• Aug. 20: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Evening Sail (Lady Washington only), $33.
• Aug. 22: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Evening Sail (Hawaiian Chieftain only), $43.
• Aug. 23-24: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., walk-on tours, $3 donation per person requested.
• Aug. 23-24: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Battle Sails, $43-$63.
• Aug. 23: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Evening Sail (Lady Washington only), $43.
• Aug. 24: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Adventure Sail (Hawaiian Chieftain only), $43.
Walk-on tours are an opportunity to visit the ships and speak to the crews, who will be in period costume. A $3 donation per person supports the ships’ educational programs. No reservations are required.
“An Evening Sail” is a romantic excursion for all ages that features an opportunity to help raise a sail, sing a sea shanty, and take the helm of a real tall ship, conditions permitting.
Tickets are value-priced at $33 all ages for the Aug. 20 evening sail. The Aug. 22 and 23 evening sails are priced at $43 all ages.
“The Battle Sail” is the ships’ most popular activity, and features both vessels in a simulation of a typical 18th Century naval skirmish, featuring close-quarters maneuvers and real cannon fire (but no cannon balls).
Tickets are $63 adults, $53 for students/seniors/active military, $43 children 12 and under.
Tickets for all sailings may be purchased online at www.historicalseaport.org or by calling 1-800-200-5239.