- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Summer fun: Your guide to Kitsap summer camps | Kitsap Week
The sun’s out, or at least as much as it will be in Kitsap County. If your son or daughter (or niece or nephew) is looking for a new experience this summer, explore a local summer camp.
At Kitsap camps, children can dance, garden, explore, perform, and play sports. Most camps range in length from days to a week.
Here’s a list of local summer camps, in order by date. This list may not be complete; search for “Kitsap summer camps” on the Internet for possibly more camps. Check with local churches for vacation Bible schools.
- Knowles Studio Art Workshops: June 25-30, July 2-6, and July 9-13, 20432 Noll Road NE, Poulsbo. For ages 7-18. Elementary students will learn skills and techniques; older students will learn animation, drawing, painting and printmaking. Info: (360) 440-1399 or www.knowlesstudio.com.
- KiDiMu Art & Photography Lab, June 25-28, 301 Ravine Lane NE, Bainbridge Island. For ages 6-10. Young Explorers can become photo journalists for a week and learn photography tricks from a pro: aerial and landscape photographer Jeff Pritchard. Join Messy Friday’s Tess Sinclair for some hands-on fun in the Art Lab. Campers will create masterpieces and their own art supplies. Info: www.kidimu.org. Registration: (206) 855-4650.
- Bainbridge Chorale Young Singers Experience: July 23-27, 9-10:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Island Music Center, 10598 NE Valley Road, Bainbridge Island. For grades 1-3 and 4-8. Share the joy of singing with Music Director Jeremy Rothbaum. Sing with others, play musical games, and develop your skill, culminating in a performance at the end of the week. Cost: $80. Info and registration: www.bainbridgechorale.org or (206) 780-CHOR.
- Ovation! Performing Arts Academy Glee Camp: Aug. 6-10, grades 2-5, 9-10:15 a.m., grades 6-12, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., adults evenings. No experience required and an audition is not necessary. All three sessions will unite in a gala performance for friends and family Aug. 10, 7:30 p.m. in the Bainbridge High School Theatre. Tuition program; scholarships available. All sessions led by Todd Hulet, director of music and education. Info: (206) 842-0472, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.ovationmtb.com or www.gleecamp.org.
- Mandarin Chinese culture and folk arts camps: July 16-20 and Aug. 6-10, 9 a.m. to noon, 7861 Bucklin Hill Road, Bainbridge Island. Cost: $185 (includes materials fee). Register: www.bainbridgemandarinlc.org or (888) 799-6668.
- Forge It Workshop: Three sessions in July in Port Orchard and online. For ages 10 and older.Blue Forge Productions is a nonprofit company dedicated to empowering children and adults through the arts. The workshop focuses on writing, acting and producing your own series for the web and is offered in three sessions. All sessions include hands-on or virtual experience with HD cameras, filters, mics, iPads and other tools of the trade, as well as lessons in idea development, scripting, story boarding, casting, directing, filming and more. Cost: $400. Enroll with a friend and you both get a $50 tuition discount. Info and registration: (360) 550-2071 or www.blueforgeproductions.com/forgeit.htm.
- KiDiMu Summer Camp: June 25 to Aug. 24, 301 Ravine Lane NE, Bainbridge Island. For ages 3-10. From Grossology to Superheroes, KiDiMu presents summer adventures in art, cooking, drama, photography, science and more. Each day, curious KiDiMu Explorers, guided by experienced instructors, enjoy indoor and outdoor fun, educational enrichment and free play in the stimulating environment of the museum.Info: www.kidimu.org. Registration: (206)855-4650.
- Poulsbo Nature Adventure Day Camp: June 25-28, July 9-12, July 23-26, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Raab Park. For ages 7-12. Cost: $155 per session. Info: Janet McKibben, (360)265-7586, email email@example.com, visit www.naturedaycamp.weebly.com.
- Kitsap Forest Adventure Camp: July 9-13 (Enchanted Forest), July 16-20, (Forest Explorers). For children in grades K-3. This is the Mountaineers Players’ first-ever Kitsap Forest Adventure Camp featuring art, drama, music, play, hiking, forest skills, creek stomping and just plain fun. Visit www.foresttheater.com/kitsap-forest-adventure-camp to download the camp flyer. Info: (206) 542-7815 or adventure@ForestTheater.com.
- Kitsap Farm Camp: Six one-week sessions beginning July 16, Pheasant Fields Farm in Silverdale. For preschool and elementary school-age children. Play in the woods, plant a garden, chase butterflies, and make new friends. Learn naturally through fun experiences, without even knowing that you’re studying. Campers learn where their good healthy food comes from. Info: (360) 479-3117, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stillwaters Nature Camps: July 16-19; July 30 to Aug. 2, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Stillwaters Environmental Center, 26059 Barber Cut Off Road, Kingston. Children can experience the joy of getting dirty in the woods, muddy on the beach and wet in the stream. For children entering grades 2-5. Cost: $110 for Stillwaters members, $120 for non-members; $50 deposit. Info and registration: Kari Golden, (360) 297-1226, or email@example.com.
- Stillwaters Polliwog Camps: Aug. 13-16, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Stillwaters Environmental Center, 26059 Barber Cut Off Road, Kingston. For ages 4-7. Cost: $60 for Stillwaters members, $75 for non-members; $50 deposit. Info and registration: Kari Golden, (360) 297-1226, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kitsap Girls Youth Lacrosse Camp: June 23, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; June 24, 1-3:30 p.m., at Central Kitsap Junior High School Bus Barn field. Led by Coach Laurie Usher, Coach Kelley McQuaid and Klahowya team players. Cost: $42. Info: Email email@example.com. Register: www.active.com/lacrosse-camp/bremerton-wa/kitsap-lacrosse.
- Bayside Soccer and Cheer Camp: July 10-12, 9 a.m., Kingston Middle School, NE West Kingston Road, Kingston. For grades K-6. Sponsored by Bayside Community Church. Students will learn skills, teamwork and sportsmanship. Includes water bottle, sports ball or pom-poms, T-shirt, snacks and awards. Pizza provided by the Pizza Factory. Cost: $50. Registration: www.RunToWin.org. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 297-2000.
Vacation Bible School
- Rolling Bay Presbyterian Vacation Bible School: July 23-26, 9 a.m. to noon, 11042 Sunrise Drive NE, Bainbridge Island. For ages 4 years through sixth grade.This summer’s four-day camp will tell the story of Joseph and the 12 tribes of Israel. Traditional camp activities will include making pottery, grinding spices, and writing in Hebrew. Sing and dance typical Jewish songs and dances of the day. Storytelling and skits will center on Joseph’s tremendous role in Biblical history. Cost: $50. Partial and full scholarships are available. Info and registration: www.rbpres.org or contact Becky Lathe at (206) 842-3098.