- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Easter egg hunts planned in Olalla, SK Community Park
Finding an Easter egg hunt in South Kitsap this year will be no problem. However, choosing just one might be.
Manchester, Olalla, Southworth and South Kitsap Community Park are all hosting hunts this year, most of which are free.
On Saturday, April 3:
• The Fathoms O’Fun Festival Association is hosting its 17th Annual Children’s Easter Egg Hunt at the South Kitsap Community Park , near the park’s entrance on Jackson Street.
The hunt is open to children aged 10 and younger, and children are separated by age. Participants must be accompanied by an adult.
Signups begin at 11 a.m., and the hunt begins at 12 noon. The event is free.
• In Olalla, the South Kitsap Fire and Rescue Volunteer Association is hosting its annual Easter egg hunt at Olalla Elementary School and nearby Triangle Park from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. Kids 8 and younger will search for eggs at the elementary school, and kids older than 8 will search at the Triangle Park. The event is free.
• In Manchester, the library is hosting its annual Bunny Hop from 1 to 4 p.m. , featuring games, stories, crafts, candy and the Easter Bunny. Egg hunts will be divided by age, and children must accompanied by an adult. The event is free.
• In Southworth, Rodstol Lane Farm is hosting two egg hunts as part of the second annual Kitsap Farms Spring Egg Hunt . The morning egg hunt will be from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and the afternoon hunt from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Activities for children aged 1 to 11, including games, face painting, planting sunflowers to take home and visiting the farm’s sheep and chickens.
Cost is $5 per person, or $20 per family. Reservations are required, and can be made by e-mailing: email@example.com. The farm is located at 4154 Rodstol Lane SE.
On Sunday, April 4:
• South Kitsap Fire and Rescue’s volunteer and career staff are hosting the 47th Annual Olalla Easter Breakfast from 8 a.m. until noon at Fire Station 12, 8696 Olalla Valley Road. Breakfast includes pancakes, sausages, and coffee, and costs $4 for children and $5 for adults.
Proceeds from this year’s event will go to SKFR firefighter Jamel Linzsey, who is battling cancer.