- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
- Oct 21, 2009 at 2:00PM updated Oct 24, 2009 at 12:42PM
- Oct 27, 2009 at 2:00PM updated at 4:17PM
Kitsap County will need to borrow $4 million from its road fund in order to continue operation for the first two months of 2010, due to a continued shortage of revenue.
- Oct 27, 2009 at 9:14PM
- Oct 30, 2009 at 4:16PM
Rep. Norm Dicks of Washington's 6th Congressional District is among a handful of Representatives "under scrutiny" by ethics investigators. The investigators are supposedly examining the relationship between members of Congress and a (defunct) lobbying group. Seattle Times has more details. Check back here for updates.
- Nov 3, 2009 at 8:00PM updated Nov 5, 2009 at 4:56PM
- Nov 6, 2009 at 7:00AM updated at 2:35PM
U.S. Navy, Coast Guard and Department of Ecology officials continue to deal with an oil spill from the USS Abraham Lincoln at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard on Thursday.
- Nov 15, 2009 at 12:00AM updated Nov 16, 2009 at 2:52PM
Spartans quarterback Jake Heaps throws for 303 yards in first half en route to 63-14 state win
- Nov 23, 2009 at 1:14PM
- Dec 14, 2009 at 3:58PM
- Dec 26, 2009 at 1:54PM
South athletic director Ed Santos expects the league to become multi-classification
- Jan 12, 2010 at 10:00PM updated Jan 14, 2010 at 3:50PM
Even a season’s worth of traveling violations couldn’t stop the Wolves. South Kitsap overcame 25 turnovers to earn a 59-47 win Tuesday against Central Kitsap in Narrows League play. And, despite the turnovers, South (6-6 overall, 3-4 league) accomplished it through execution. After losing five consecutive games — the program’s worst stretch in more than a decade — the Wolves have won both of their games in the new year and three of the last four.
- Jan 13, 2010 at 10:00PM updated Jan 14, 2010 at 9:38AM
It felt like a three-point shootout at times. But the success rate was far better for Central Kitsap in its 50-42 win against South Kitsap on Wednesday night in Silverdale. The Wolves (9-3 overall, 6-1 league) suffered their first loss in Narrows League play as they converted just two of 17 attempts from beyond the arc.
- Jan 27, 2010 at 8:39AM
- Feb 22, 2010 at 12:00PM updated Feb 24, 2010 at 3:03PM
- Mar 24, 2010 at 9:00AM updated at 5:02PM
- May 3, 2010 at 11:00AM updated May 4, 2010 at 9:28AM
Port Orchard Mayor Lary Coppola, responding Monday afternoon to reports he was was arrested for driving while intoxicated early Sunday morning, said, “As it has been reported, I was arrested by the Washington State Patrol the morning of May 2, for DUI.
- May 8, 2010 at 11:00PM updated May 11, 2010 at 7:59AM
Pinch-hitter Brandon Bynum's sacrifice fly scores winning run for Cougars in Narrows League playoffs
- May 15, 2010 at 11:00AM updated May 17, 2010 at 2:27PM
Beginning June 10, Washington State Patrol (WSP) officers will begin cracking down on drivers caught talking or texting on their cell phones.
- May 16, 2010 at 12:10AM
Teams meet for a third consecutive year with a state berth on the line
- Jun 21, 2010 at 8:00AM updated at 11:58AM
A 26-year-old Federal Way man was arrested Saturday night on charges of driving under the influence (DUI) and brandishing a weapon after an apparent road rage incident.
- Jul 22, 2010 at 1:00PM updated at 3:47PM
Lace up your sneakers; there's plenty of venues to improve your best time
- Oct 13, 2010 at 1:00AM
Wolves tie Central Kitsap, 0-0, to drop to third place in 4A Narrows
- Oct 29, 2010 at 11:00PM updated Nov 1, 2010 at 1:42PM
Two late touchdowns lead Central Kitsap to 31-16 win in rival South Kitsap
- Nov 12, 2010 at 4:00PM updated Nov 18, 2010 at 3:29PM
Valerie Nau of Silverdale began running eight years ago as a way to stay healthy and to shed a few pounds. Now she can’t stop. But even though the days get darker earlier and the rainy weather is kicking in, many Kitsap runners
- Jan 23, 2011 at 6:00PM updated Jan 25, 2011 at 10:51AM
Two people are dead and a pair of Kitsap County deputies were wounded in a shooting incident on Sunday afternoon in the parking lot of the Port Orchard WalMart store.