SK man allegedly assaults his girlfriend in the Itza Pizza Time restroom

A 37-year-old Port Orchard man allegedly beat up his girlfriend and imprisoned her in the restroom at the Pizza Time restaurant on Lund Avenue shortly after midnight Sunday.

A Itza Pizza Time employee heard sounds of a scuffle in the restroom about 12:30 a.m. followed by a cry for help, according to a Kitsap County Sheriff's deputy’s report.

The employee tried to get into the restroom, but it was locked. So he called 9-1-1 to report what he had heard.

The man and the woman offered opposite explanations, to deputies, of what had happened.

The 27-year-old woman was “shaking and crying,” and “obviously upset” as she described what happened.

Her boyfriend accused her of cheating on him and sending videos to other people, she said.

She went to the bathroom to get away from him, but he followed her.

He trapped her there for 45 minutes, telling her that he wouldn’t let her go until she told him who she was seeing behind his back, she said.

She tried several times to leave, but he blocked the door and pushed her to the floor when she tried to get away.

The last time she tried to escape, he pushed her down and she bit him in the stomach, hoping he would let her go, but he didn’t.

He held her down on the floor, she said, so she screamed for the employee to call the police.

This type of assault has occurred more than 100 times in the six years that they have been dating, she said, and the assaults occur almost weekly.

She showed the deputy a bruise on her arm where he had hit her the week before with his belt.

The man offered an opposite explanation of what had happened.

He said that his girlfriend had accused him of cheating on her and she wouldn’t let him out of the bathroom.

When he tried to escape, she bit him in the stomach, he said.

Deputies believed he was lying because he weighed about 100 pounds more than the woman and could have gotten out if he wanted to.

The bite marks and yelling also seemed more consistent with her story, they determined.

The man was arrested for unlawful imprisonment and fourth-degree assault, and bail was initially set at $75,000.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Sep 23
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates