Investigation leads to trafficking charges against local man

While investigating a street gang, Bremerton police uncovered information about a Port Orchard man involved in forcing a woman into prostitution.

As a result, Anthony Dewayne Parker, 33, was charged with first-degree human trafficking and first-degree unlawful possession of a firearm on April 15 in Kitsap County District Court,

Parker was arrested April 12 at a home on South Summit Avenue in Bremerton, after a SWAT team was called in after he refused to come out of the home. Police found a stolen a semi-automatic handgun. He was booked into Kitsap County Jail for first-degree domestic violence assault, second-degree human trafficking and unlawfully carrying a firearm, records stated

Parker is in the Kitsap County Jail on $750,000 bail.

According to court documents, Bremerton police were investigating criminal activity of the “Jeccet” street gang and identified Parker as a member.

During the investigation, police learned Parker’s former girlfriend, Lorena Llamas, was grooming women to work as prostitutes while she remains in Kitsap County Jail.

Charging documents stated Parker bailed a woman out of jail in December 2012. After she was released, Parker began dating the woman and acted as her pimp. Investigators found the woman’s ad on and discovered phone numbers and addresses associated with Parker.

Surveillance by police confirmed the woman was living with Parker and working as a prostitute on 14th Street in Bremerton, records showed.

On April 12, a detective — posing as a customer — met with the woman at a Bremerton motel and arrested her for drug possession and an outstanding warrant. She detailed her relationship with Parker and Llamas. The woman told investigators Parker helped her place ads on the Internet and kept most of the money she made while prostituting.

She told investigators Parker courted her as his girlfriend, then forced her to work as a prostitute seven days a week and not spend time with family and friends, documents stated. The woman said she was “terrified” to leave Parker, who she said also “verbally abused her and often beat her severely.” She also said once Parker held a handgun against her head and lived in fear of beatings and “possibly being killed” if she did not perform to Parker’s expectations.

Documents stated detectives also listened to numerous jail phone calls between Parker and Llamas.


We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates