- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Workshop of potential candidates set May 9 at Port Orchard City Hall
A workshop for potential candidates looking to run in city, school, port, fire or utility district is set for Thursday, May 9, at Port Orchard City Hall, 216 Prospect St.
The workshop is 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers.
Kitsap County Auditor Walt Washington and Election Manager Delores Gilmore will speak on what candidates should know when running for an elected position.
A panel discussion with Mayor Tim Matthes, Port of Bremerton Axel Strakejahn and School Board member Kathryn Simpson is also slated.
A representative from the Port Orchard Independent will talk about press considerations.
Open positions in the Port Orchard/South Kitsap area are:
• Port Orchard City Council: Positions 2, 3 and 6, along with an at-large seat
• South Kitsap School District School Board: Pos. 3 and 4
• South Kitsap Fire and Rescue Fire Commission: Pos. 2 and 5
• Port of Bremerton: District 2
• Port of Manchester: District 3
• West Sound Utility District: Pos. 1
• Manchester Water District: Pos. 1