- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Port Orchard man throws TV out window, faces mischief charges
A Port Orchard man was charged with second-degree malicious mischief from a May 14 incident in which he tossed a television from the window a two-story apartment.
A day later, charges were handed down to Jared T. Craig, 30, in Kitsap County District Court on May 15.
Charging papers stated a woman reported Craig threw a large television out her apartment window in the 300 block of Lippert Street. While Port Orchard police officer were en route, the man left the apartment with his pit bull dog. Officers found Craig as he was running out of a wooded area with his dog.
Craig told officers he became mad after his girlfriend’s stepbrother made several remarks to him. The woman’s stepbrother moved some things into her apartment. Craig said about 30 minutes after the man left the apartment, he threw the stepbrother’s television — valued between $2,500 and $3,000 — out the window, stated court documents.
Other charges handed down in Kitsap District Court recently were:
• Erna Rae Porzio, 50, of Sumner, was charged with possession of meth on May 13.
• William Alexander Wilson, 23, of Port Orchard, was charged for failing to register as a sex offender on May 9.
• Trevor Wade Seals, 24, of Port Orchard, was charged with second-degree driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Jonathon Delane Evans, 23, of Port Orchard, was charged with one count of stalking.
• Shane Wade Winslow, 21, of Port Orchard, was charged May 9 with one count of residential burglary.