- About Us
Elderly Tacoma man charged with Port Orchard burglary
A 64-year-old Tacoma man was charged with residential burglary in connection with an incident on SW Dogwood Road on July 2. The charge was handed down to Timothy Lee Hicks in Kitsap County District Court on July 10.
According to charging papers, Hicks is believed to have burglarized three Port Orchard homes which resulted in the theft of cash and several thousands of dollars worth of jewelry, which he sold at pawn shops in Tacoma.
He said he committed the burglaries to pay his rent and medical expenses, stated court documents.
Images from surveillance videos helped lead police to Hicks, who was arrested in Tacoma.
The following is information taken from charging papers obtained from the Kitsap County District Court:
• Melvin John Morgensen, Jr., 39, Olalla, second-degree robbery.
• Gabriel Stanley Hoffman, 25, Port Orchard, obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• Shawn Michael Bapties, 31, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• Daniel Joseph Zeller, 30, Port Orchard, third-degree theft.
• Tracey Renee Herbstritt, 40, Port Orchard, driving under the influence and third-degree driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Aaron Read Graybeal, 27, Port Orchard, making a false or misleading statement to a public servant.
• Elaina Jean Bailey, 28, Port Orchard, first-degree driving while license revoked.
• Thomas James Edward St. Clair, 20, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary.
• Jennifer Marie Caldwell, 39, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary.