Charges were filed Aug. 5 in Kitsap County District Court against three men — two from Port Orchard — who were involved in a series of thefts of vacation houses and homes for sale near Panther Lake in South Kitsap.
The men were arrested Aug. 3 by Kitsap County Sheriff’s deputies after a truck, loaded with items, crashed into a wooden area during a pursuit.
Daniel Lee Carter, 38, of Port Orchard, was charged with first-degree possession of stolen property and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm, according to court documents. Michael James Cook, 21, of Port Orchard, was charged with first-degree possession of stolen property
Matthew James Bedker, 33, of Lakewood, was charged with first-degree possession of stolen property and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm. Bail for Carter and Bedker was set at $200,000, while Cook’s bail is $55,000.
On Aug. 2, Deputies responded after a woman called about 8:40 p.m. to report she found possible stolen items stashed under a tarp near Panther Lake Road. There were trash cans full of house hold items, along with yard tools and a washer and dryer.
Charging papers stated deputies were headed to the Panther Lake Road area when a white Ford F250 — with three men inside — passed a deputy on Bear Creek Dewatto Road, then turned onto Panther Lake Road. When the deputy tried to pull him over, the truck’s driver sped away. He later lost control and crashed into a wooden area and struck a tree. The three men exited the vehicle and ran.
According to the sheriff’s office report, a K-9 unit was called to the scene and tracked down the three men.
Inside the truck, which was reported stolen from Kitsap County, two firearms were found. They were reported stolen from Pierce County.
• Thomas Anthony Rowe,19, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• Eli Zachary Romack, 23, Port Orchard, vehicular assault.
• Timothy Francis Tannahill, 42, Olalla, fourth-degree assault.
• Jocelyn Mercedes Schiffel, 23, Port Orchard, obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• Tristan Shaun Williams, 21, Port Orchard, possession of meth.
• Timothy Robert Smallidge, 46, Port Orchard, possession of meth.
• Tod Lee Masbrunch, 49, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• Humberto Paulino Ceronipo Gomez, 27, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• Kyle James Adams, 18, Port Orchard, second-degree theft.
• Zenin Russell Gerhing, 21, Port Orchard, violation of court order (gross misdemeanor).