- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Woman facing trafficking charge
A trafficking charge was filed Sept. 10 against a Port Orchard woman in Kitsap County District Court.
Brittany Nichole Clauson, 22, was charged with first-degree trafficking of stolen property.
Charging papers stated Clauson apparently stole a pearl necklace and gold broach while filling in two weeks as a caregiver for a client on Beach Drive in August. The victim reported the stolen items, along with several unauthorized bank transactions to Clauson’s employer.
Investigators contacted a local pawn shop on Sept. 9 and found a record of Clauson pawning the stolen items. Kitsap County Sheriff's deputies contacted Clauson at her residence. She told investigators the victim gave her the necklace and made the bank transactions, according to court records.
She was booked into Kitsap County Jail and bail was set at $10,000.
Charges were filed against the following individuals in Kitsap County District Court:
• Kenneth Wayne Swegle, Jr., 55, Port Orchard, possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture or deliver.
• Tamara Kay Peterson, 55, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• Daniel Gibbs Smith, 48, Port Orchard, one count of manufacturing of methamphetamine.
• Jamie C. Satterthwaite, 22, Port Orchard, forgery.
• Paul David Rangel, 38, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• Debra Lynne Kanekkerberg, 53, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• Timothy Lee Rebuffo, 23, Port Orchard, possession of a stolen firearm and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm.
• Richard Lee Welsh, 50, Port Orchard, third-degee driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Patrick Vaughn Gunn, 23, Olalla, third-degree theft.
• Aaron Jon Bodle-Horne, 33, Port Orchard, physical control of vehicle under the influence.
• Ryan Laurence Kendrick, 37, Port Orchard, second-degree theft.
• Courtney L. Cole, 34, Port Orchard, second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm.
• Tressa Raelene Flint, 24, Port Orchard, use of drug paraphernalia.