- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
DISTRICT COURT | Transcient charged for robbery in attempted car hijacking
A 27-year-old transcient was charged Sept. 18 with first-degree robbery after he attempted to hijack a vehicle.
According to charging papers, the victim told Port Orchard police that while he was at an ATM machine Sept. 17 in the 1500 block of Southeast Sedgich Road, a man — later identified as Anthony R. Lamoureux — approached his 2003 BMW and ordered him to “get out the car.”
The victim told police that he notice a shiny metal object in the suspect’s hand. When the suspect tried to enter the car, he sped away. The driver later called 911.
Court documents stated the victim saw the suspect headed to a nearby gas station and got into a gold Honda Accord. Lamoureux fled the scene and later barricaded himself inside a bathroom at Jiffy Lube. The suspect threatened officers stating that he had a gun. When police arrived at the scene, the suspect fought with officers and resisted being taken into custody.
Lamoureux was booked into Kitsap County Jail for robbery, assault, theft of a motor vehicle and resisting arrest. Bail was set at $250,000.
Man charged in four-car crash
A Port Orchard man was charged with drunk driving Sept. 18 after he was involved in a four-vehicle collision.
Charging papers stated Matthew Ray Walker, 34, was charged with one count of driving under the influence in Kitsap County District Court.
According to the police report, deputies responded to a reported four-car crash about 5:20 p.m. in the 9200 block of Bethel Burley near Mullenix Road. When they arrived at the scene, they found debris and fluid, a 40-foot skid mark, but no vehicles. A male told deputies the driver of a small red car, who was responsible for the collision, left the scene.
Deputies spotted a 1980 Ford Tempo traveling southbound on Bethel Burley Road, then started a pursuit of the vehicle. Deputies stopped the car, which suffered heavy front-end damage, near SE Way Road, court records stated.
Walker claimed he didn’t flee the scene of the collision. He said he was driving his car when a minivan slammed on its breaks and he struck the back of the van.
A records check showed Walker had two alcohol-related offenses, along with a probationary license. Two empty beer cans were found inside the car and Walker’s blood-alcohol level was 0.16 — twice the legal limit, stated court documents.
Charges against the following individuals were filed in Kitsap County District Court.
• Denice Michell Nelson, 49, address unknown, possession of a controlled substance.
• Ricky Williams McMoore, 32, Port Orchard, one count each for driving under the influence, and hit-and-run.
• Marcy Ann Goodson, 55, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• Ann Margaret Larsson, 55, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary.
• Steven Zechariah Simian, 27, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• Jessie Wind Sandcrane, 32, Port Orchard, violation of court order.
• Eric John Rogers, 29, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• Andre Joseph Eugene Clark, 22, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• Keith Edward Dougherty, 59, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.