- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Charges filed against Port Orchard woman
Identify theft and trafficking stolen property charges were filed Oct. 21 against a Port Orchard woman in Kitsap County District Court.
According to charging papers, Melissa Diane Johnston was charged with second-degree identity theft and two counts of trafficking in stolen property — first and second degree.
Court documents stated that a woman reported her purse was stolen from her vehicle in front of her Bainbridge Island residence. She discovered her debit card was used for several unauthorized purchases totaling about $700 on Oct. 4.
Surveillance video obtained from Wal-Mart in Bremerton showed a female and two men inside the store placing items in a shopping cart. One of the items — a 42-inch TV — was later found at a Bremerton pawn shop.
Bainbridge Island police discovered that Johnston sold the TV to the pawn shop on Oct. 4 for $160 and she also pawned a $50 gift card at a Port Orchard pawn shop, according to court records. Police recovered the items Oct. 17 from the two pawn shops.
Johnston was arrested Oct. 18 and booked into the Kitsap County Jail.
Charges against the following individuals were filed in Kitsap County District court recently:
• Mark Richard Johnson, 55, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• Dale Edward Clark, 33, Port Orchard, possession of meth with intent to manufacture or deliver.
• Donavan Jessie Blanco, 22, transient, failure to register as a sex offender.
• Melanie Therese Archer, 27, Olalla, first-degree criminal trespass.
• Sarah Lynn Beauchamp, 27, Port Orchard, possession of meth.
• Skyler R. Argue, 22, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• Ashley Marie Rowland, 24, Port Orchard, first-degree criminal trespass.
• Anthony Paul Morris, 38, Port Orchard, third-degree driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Jacob Lloyd Hughes, 23, Port Orchard, first-degree criminal trespass.
• Steven Bruce Hall, 32, Port Orchard, first-degree criminal trespass.
• Joshua Raymond Divins, 23, Port Orchard, third-degree driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Brian Mason Christensen, 18, Olalla, driving under the influence.
• Steven Edward Barker, 18, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• David Matthew Cross, Jr., 28, Port Orchard, possessing a stolen firearm.
• Gerald Cornelius Gordon, 42, Port Orchard, one count of violation of a court order and one count of obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• Richard William Anderson, 30, Port Orchard, attempting to elude pursing police vehicle.
• Frank Joe Hedlund, 30, Olalla, possession of heroin.
• David Ryan Marby, 22, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.
• David Alejandro Kasselhute, 44, Port Orchard, driving under the influence and third-degree driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Kenneth Jerald Hull, 48, Port Orchard, violation of a court order.
• Lisa Renee Kaheiki, 38, Port Orchard, possession of a controlled substance.
• Erik Richard Rosales, 23, Port Orchard, possession of heroin.
• Keith Develle Solomon, 49, Port Orchard, possession of meth and possession of a stolen vehicle.
• Travis David Lindstrom, 25, Port Orchard, making a false or misleading statement to a public servant, third-degree theft, possession of heroin.
• Michael Wade Meigs, 34, Port Orchard, driving under the influence and second-degree driving while license suspended or revoked.
• Richard Scott McDonald, Jr.,21, Olalla, driving under the influence.
• Trevis Tofi Tessaro, 32, Belfair, third-degree assault.