- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bremerton Chamber to host political candidates at breakfast series
The Bremerton Chamber of Commerce has announced the schedule for its “Eggs and Issues” series of breakfast events, that features all candidates for specific offices.
The forums will be held at 7:30 a.m. every Tuesday from July 8 to October 14 at the Cloverleaf Sports Bar and Grill in East Bremerton. They will last one hour, aside from this Tuesday’s discussion of the South Kitsap Industrial Area that will last until 9 a.m.
Bremerton Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Silvia Klatman, who serves as moderator of all the forums, said Tuesday morning was chosen to not conflict with other local civic functions.
She hopes the forums will also attract a wider range of people than standard business or special interest community meetings.
“This is an opportunity for people to ask questions about any topic,” Klatman said. “They can find out about any issue that may be relevant to them.”
Unlike some candidate forums, audience members are allowed to ask their questions directly. However, Klatman goes to great lengths to focus the questions and prevent grandstanding.
“We want them to get to the point and ask the question,” she said. “We want them to be brief and not give speeches about their own views. These meetings are only an hour so we need to move them along.”
Klatman points out that Eggs and Issues has a more informal attendance policy than Rotary and other clubs, which necessarily have to require reservations and charge admission. Here, attendees can choose to show up at the last minute.
They can buy breakfast, coffee or nothing at all.
The schedule is as follows:
• July 8, Panel Discussion on South Kitsap Industrial Area (SKIA);
• July 15, South Kitsap County Commissioner (Charlotte Garrido, Monty Mahan, Tim Matthes, Paul Nuchims);
• July 22, 35th District Representative, Position 1 (Kathy Haigh, Marco Brown, Brad Gehring);
• July 29, 35th District Representative Position 2 (Fred Finn, Daryl Daugs, Herb Baze, Randy Neatherlin);
• Aug. 5, Superior Court, Position 1 (Bruce Danielson, Jeanette Dalton, Gregory Wall);
• Aug. 12, to be announced;
• Aug. 19, 26th District Representative Position 1 (Jan Angel, Kim Abel);
• Aug. 26, County Auditor (John Clark, Walt Washington);
• Sept. 2, 23rd District Representative, Position 1 (Larry Cooney, Sherry Appleton);
• Sept. 9, 26th District Representative Position 2 (Marlyn Jensen, Larry Seaquist);
• Sept. 16, North Kitsap County Commissioner (Steve Bauer, Sandra LaCelle);
• Sept. 23, 23rd District Representative Position 2 (Mark Lowe, Christine Rolfes); and,
• Sept. 30, – 23rd District Senate (Phil Rockefeller, Connie Lord).
In October, three positions featuring primary winners will occur, Oct. 7 for South Kitsap county commissioner and Oct. 14 for 35th District Representative Positions 1 and 2.
For more information about the series, contact the Bremerton Area Chamber of Commerce at (360) 479-3579 or email@example.com.