MANCHESTER — South Kitsap Fire and Rescue crew responded to a fire that partially destroyed a home early Sunday morning.
Battalion Chief Jon Gudmundsen reported SKFD was dispatched at 3:20 a.m. to the scene in the 7000 block of East Patricia Street.
When firefighters arrived they found flames covering the home’s exterior, and discovered the main fire was on an exterior wall and involved power lines.
Puget Sound Energy crews were called to shutdown the power to the residence so firefighters could extinguish the remaining fire, and check for extension within the walls.
No one was reported injured in the fire.
Gunderson said five engines, a medic unit, and air support unit responded to the scene.
The Kitsap County Fire Marshall’s Office determined the cause of the blaze was an electrical malfunction that started the fire in the exterior power meter. Damage to the home was estimated at about $20,000.
A fire district chaplain assisted the family with temporary housing.