- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Man faces child molestation charge
A 22-year-old Seabeck man was charged with a child sex crime involving a Port Orchard boy.
Kodie Lee Scoops was charged with first-degree child molestation on March 11 in Kitsap County District Court.
According to charging papers, Scoop molested the boy between July 2005 and July 2007. During a March 4 interview, one boy described sexual acts that the suspect performed on him on more than one occasion when he was about 7 years old. The boy said he told his father and his counselor about him and his brother being sexually abused.
Court records stated the second boy told investigators that this mother and step-father walked in on the suspect “humping” him when he was age 8. He said his mother told him to forget about the one-time incident.
Other charges were filed against South Kitsap residents in Kitsap County District Court recently.
There are as followed:
• March 11: Mark Robert Elzie, 56, Port Orchard, harassment (felony)-threat to kill.
• March 10: Robert Kevin Bowen, 46, Port Orchard, possession of meth and possession of stolen vehicle; Robert Clark Bryant, 49, making false or misleading statement to a public servant and third-degree driving while license suspended or revoked: Jennifer Rae Pifer, 32, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault and obstructing a law enforcement officer; Austin Eli-Orion Sampson, 20, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary; and Thomas J. Smith, 25, Olalla, driving under the influence.
• March 5: Ross Orival Brown, 22, Port Orchard, possession of meth.
• March 4: Terrence D. Wilkins, 33, transient, second-degree robbery.
• March 3: Blaine William Whitehead, 50, Port Orchard, obstructing a law enforcement officer; and Martin Edward Snow, 54, Port Orchard, possession of meth.
• Feb. 28: Brittany Jane Dunnagan, 24, Port Orchard, fugitive from justice in another state; Kimberly Brooke Fuller, 33, Port Orchard, second-degree trafficking in stolen property; and Trinidad John Yepez III, 37, Port Orchard, second-degree theft.
• Feb. 27: Adrienne Marie Olafsen, 36, Port Orchard, forgery.
• Feb. 26: Alexis L. Williams, 20, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault and minor in possession of or consuming alcohol; and Joseph Gilbert Hacker Jr., 52, Port Orchard, harassment (gross misdemeanor).
• Feb. 25: Bruce Alan Jensen, 45, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary.
• Feb. 24: Lewis Steele Baldwin, 27, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• Feb. 23: Drake Michael Q. Fejeran, 21, Port Orchard, driving under the influence.