- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
DISTRICT COURT | Two transients charged in mailbox thefts
Two transients, who were arrested in connection with stealing mail from South Kitsap mailboxes, were charged with criminal trespassing March 24 in Kitsap County District Court.
Ryan Lee Rooney, 27, and Danielle Suzanna Gipaya, 31, were each charged with one count of first-degree criminal trespassing and one count each of obstructing a law enforcement officer. Gipaya also was charged with making a false or misleading statement to a public servant.
The pair was arrested March 22. Both remain in the Kitsap County Jail and bail was set at $5,000 each.
Charging papers stated that Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a report of a mail theft about 1:30 p.m. in the 900 block of SW Wildwood Road and a witness gave deputies both a description of a vehicle and license plate number.
Deputies found a gold Acura parked on SW Lider Road with the two suspects sitting inside. When the deputies approached the car, both suspects fled the car and entered a nearby residence, then came back out to avoid capture. Both suspects fled and were later captured. The man was found hiding under the Bethel-Burley Road overpass on Highway 16 and the woman was found hiding under the back porch of a nearby home, according to court documents.
It was discovered that both were wanted on Department of Corrections warrants.
Officers from Port Orchard and the Washington State Patrol joined deputies in the search for the suspects.
The following charges were filed in Kitsap County District Court recently against South Kitsap residents:
• March 25: Nathan Leroy Schmith, 34, Port Orchard, violation of a court order(gross misdemeanor); Justin Daniel Sizemore, 30, Port Orchard, second-degree trafficking in stolen property.
• March 24: Christopher James Kutzke, 19, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault and second-degree theft; Christopher Corbet Field, 24, fourth-degree assault; Branson Lee Box, 23, Port Orchard, driving under the influence and hit and run; Quinn Edward Wiedmaier, 24, Port Orchard, possession of heroin; Wesley Williams Henson, 33, Port Orchard, second-degree trafficking in stolen property; Gary L. Flower, 33, Port Orchard, possession of meth; Daniel Adam Dunn, 38, transient, second-degree theft; Melony Adele Daniels, 41, Port Orchard, possession of meth.
• March 21: Mark Edward Crandell, 44, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault; Daniel Scott Jennings, 35, Port Orchard, third-degree assault; Jason David Harry, 40, Port Orchard, possession of stolen vehicle.
• March 20: Donald Vance Smith, 32, Port Orchard, residential burglary, possession of heroin and first-degree trafficking in stolen property; Alfred Wayne Snodgrass III, 28, Port Orchard, possession of meth.
• March 19: Jacob Allan Amundson, 27, Port Orchard, residential burglary; Jessica Rae Walker, 33, possession of meth.
• March 18: Nelly Mariam-Autumn Bail, 20, Port Orchard, second-degree possession of stolen property; Ross Orival Brown, 22, Port Orchard, possession of meth; Matthew Thomas Hughes, 34, Port Orchard, second-degree assault.