- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fight results in charges against local man
Assault and theft charges have been filed against a Port Orchard man.
Albon Christopher Dougherty, 30, was charged with third-degree assault and first-degree theft on April 28 in Kitsap County District Court.
Charging papers stated police responded to a fight involving four people about 2:30 a.m. on April 26 behind the Port Orchard Public Market on Sidney Parkway. Two females and a male reported to police they had been assaulted by Dougherty.
A man reported Dougherty punched him and he fell to the ground. A witness told police that Dougherty kick the man in the head several times while he was unconscious. A female reported she tried to aid the fallen male, but was thrown to the ground by Dougherty and tried to take her cell phone to prevent her from calling 911. She reported he took the fallen man’s wallet and two other cell phones from two women, according to court records.
Court documents stated another male grabbed Dougherty and removed the cell phones and wallet. He reported Dougherty left the scene in a black Volkswagen Jetta.
At 9:34 p.m., Dougherty contacted police and provided a voluntary written statement. He was taken and booked into the Kitsap County Jail. Bail was set at $200,000, according to court records.
The following charges were filed in district court from April 23-29:
• April 29: Alfred Wayne Snodgrass, 28, Port Orchard, residential burglary; Stephania Victoria Benavidez, 23, Port Orchard, residential burglary; Jordan Joesph Prescott, 27, Port Orchard, attempting to elude pursuing police vehicle;
• April 28: Kenneth Jerad Hull, 48, Port Orchard, violation of a court order (gross misdemeanor); Clancy John Donlin, 62, address unknown, second-degree assault.
• April 25: Austin Carl Edwin Lowe, 20, address unknown, second-degree criminal trepass; Geoffrey Kaina Howard, 29, transient, second-degree burglary.
• April 24: Cody Louis Berthiaume, 19, Port Orchard, driving under the influence; Christopher G. Daily, 33, Port Orchard, failure to register as a sex offender.
• April 23: Kevin Michael Morrow, 31, Port Orchard, DUI; Lucky Lavar Nelson, 47, Port Orchard, possession of meth; Kathryn Rene Klepper, 42, Port Orchard, possession of meth.