- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Candidates begin filing for fall election
Candidates who want to run for federal, state and local offices in the fall election have until May 16 to file.
The online filing deadline is 4 p.m. on May 16 and 5 p.m. for candidates who plan to file in person at the Kitsap County Auditor – Elections Division Office.
All filing fees are due by the close of filing, 5 p.m., May 16, and are non-refundable. The deadline to withdraw is 5 p.m., May 19.
Candidate filing began May 12.
With online filing, candidates may submit their forms electronically and pay filing fees using a credit card. Online filing also allows candidates to submit their voters’ pamphlet statements and photos from the comfort of home using the internet.
As of 4:30 p.m. May 12, the following candidates have filed:
• U.S. Congress District 6 Rep: Derek Kilmer (D), W. “Greybeard” McPherson (NP)
• Legislative District 26 State Senator: Jan Angel (R), Judy Arbogast (D)
• Legislative District 26 State Rep. Position 2: Larry Seaquist (D), Michelle Caldier (R)
• Legislative District 26 State Rep. Position 1: Bill Scheidler (R)
• Legislative District 35 State Senator: Irene Bowling (D), Travis Couture (R)
• Legislative District 35 State Rep Pos. 1: Kathy Haigh (D), Dan Griffey (R)
• Legislative District 35 State Rep Pos. 2: Drew C. MacEwen (R)
• Kitsap County Assessor: Paul Andrews (D), Sean Smith (R)
• Kitsap County Auditor: Dolores Gilmore (D)
• Kitsap County Clerk: David Peterson (D)
• Kitsap County Coroner: Greg Sandstrom (R)
• Kitsap County Sheriff: Gary Simpson (D)
• Kitsap County Prosecutor: Russel Hauge (D)
• Kitsap County Treasurer: Meredith Green (D)
• Kitsap County Superior Court, Judge Pos. 4: William C Houser
• Kitsap County District Court, Judge Dep. 1: Claire Bradley
• Kitsap County District Court, Judge Dep. 2: Jeffrey J. Jahns
• Kitsap County District Court, Judge Dep. 3: Marilyn G. Paja
• Kitsap County District Court, Judge Dep. 4: Stephen J. Holman
• Kitsap County Public Utility District No. 1 Commissioner: James Civilla