- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Woman charged for stealing mail
Multiple felony charges were filed June 2 against a 56-year-old South Kitsap woman in Kitsap County District Court.
Susan Carol Pilon, 56, of Port Orchard, was charged with seven courts of possessing stolen mail.
According to charging papers, a female witness apparently saw the woman taking mail from multiple mailbox along Phillips Road on May 22. The witness provided Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office deputies with the license plate number of the car the woman was driving.
A male witness, who also lives on Phillips Road, saw the woman took mail from mailboxes and followed her. After attempting to block her vehicle from leaving, he eventually followed her southbound on Locker Road. The woman tossed a large plastic bag out of her window and over the guardrail. The man notified deputies who found the bag that contained more than 80 pieces of mail from 42 victims at 24 different addresses, according court documents.
On May 23, the suspect’s abandoned dark-colored Saturn was located by a deputy at a county park.
No arrests have been made in the case as of press time June 3.
The following charges were filed May 28 to June 2 in Kitsap County District Court:
• June 3: Tionne Jadean Curry, 22, Port Orchard, third-degree theft.
• June 2: Jackson Dale Neal, 52, Port Orchard, driving under the influence; Thomas Robert Martin, 18, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault and third-degree malicious mischief (gross misdemeanor); Kandance Faith Kamer, 31, Port Orchard, violation of court order (gross misdemeanor); Tony Allen Brey, 25, Port Orchard, second-degree theft; Joseph Lawrence Dill, 32, Port Orchard, attempting to elude pursuing police vehicle.
• May 31: Sabrina Ann Hendl, 37, Port Orchard, second-degree possession of stolen property.
• May 29: Mark Anthony Pratt, 33, Port Orchard, attempting to elude pursuing police vehicle; Daniel Clay Barone, 23, Belfair, possession of unlawful firearm.
• May 28: Shanet Vanessa Scott, 23, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.