- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
South Kitsap man arrested in June 29 stabbings
Felony assault charges were filed June 30 against a South Kitsap suspect involved in an early morning stabbing a day earlier.
Pattrick D. Grogan, 27, of Port Orchard, was charged with two counts of second-degree assault, with one charge involving domestic violence against his former girlfriend. He remains in custody in the Kitsap County Jail. Bail was set at $50,000.
According to Deputy Scott Wilson, spokesman for the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office, said during the early morning hours Sunday, deputies and Port Orchard police officers responded to a complaint from a male who reported loud noises coming from a nearby apartment in the 1700 block of Harrison Avenue SE.
When they arrived at the scene, they found four people inside the apartment, two female victims, ages 21 and 22, bleeding from stab wounds. The 21-year-old had multiple stab wounds and the other female received two wounds to her leg and arm.
According to Kitsap County District Court documents, the 21-year-old female victim, from South Kitsap, is the former girlfriend of the suspect. The 22-year-old is from Port Orchard. A fourth person in the apartment was a 30-year-old man who was discovered intoxicated in the bathroom. According to witnesses, the suspect and his former girlfriend reside in the same residence.
All four had been out drinking at a Port Orchard business when the suspect became upset, left early and returned to the residence.
After the suspect arrived at the apartment, he began throwing and breaking items. When the other three people returned, an argument erupts between the suspect, who was armed with a knife, and former girlfriend, stated court records.
The 22-year-old woman attempted to intervene between the suspect and former girlfriend, and was stabbed twice.
The suspect was not injured.
Both victims were treated at the scene by deputies and South Kitsap Fire and Rescue medical personnel and transported to Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale. The injuries were not life-threatening and both women were later released, said Wilson.
Wilson said investigators are attempting to identify one of the many knives found in the apartment that was used in the assault.
The following individuals were charged in Kitsap County District Court between June 20 to July 1:
• July 1: Phoenix Ann Stodola, 18, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary; Cody Lee Doucette, 21, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary.
• June 30: Paul Matthew Dietz, 25, Port Orchard, possession of methamphetamine; Joshua Tucker Calkins, 32, second-degree theft.
• June 27: Kenneth Jackey Lane Jr., 31, Port Orchard, third-degree assault.
• June 26: Brooke Angela Martin, 30, Port Orchard, third-degree theft; Mallery Lynn Hoffman, 28, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault.
• June 25: Julina P. Abbott, 35, Port Orchard, possession of methamphetamine; Benjamin D. Cartwright, 23, Port Orchard, third-degree driving while license suspended or revoked; Tanya Thomas Washington, 38, Port Orchard, second-degree burglary.
• June 23: Jeffery Alan Samatthiya, 24, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault; Jason David Harry, 40, Port Orchard, possession of a stolen vehicle; Joseph Charles Clifford Rowe, 28, Port Orchard, possession of heroin; Joshua Michael Carlson, 25, Port Orchard, residential burglary; Kayla Lorraine Nihill, 20, Lakebay, driving under the influence, hit and run, and third-degree driving with suspended license.