- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Paving requires night ramp closures on SR 3 and SR 16
BREMERTON — Drivers traveling on State Routes 3 and 16 will notice a series of night ramp and lane closures starting Aug. 22. The closures are related to a paving project to create a smoother surface for drivers.
All the below ramp closures will begin at 10 p.m. and will reopen by 5 a.m. the following morning.
State Route 3 work schedule:
• Friday, Aug. 22: Closing the Kitsap Mall on-ramp to southbound SR 3, the southbound SR 3 exit to Kitsap Way and the Loxie Eagans Boulevard on-ramp to southbound SR 3.
• Monday, Aug. 25: Closing the southbound SR 3 exit to Kitsap Way and the Kitsap Mall on-ramp to southbound SR 3
• Wednesday, Aug. 27: Closing the southbound SR 3 exit to Loxie Eagans Boulevard.
• Thursday, Aug. 28: Closing the southbound SR 3 exit to Loxie Eagans Boulevard.
During the closures, drivers will use alternate routes.
State Route 16 work schedule:
• Saturday, Aug. 23: Closing the eastbound SR 16 exit to Tremont Street and the Tremont Street on-ramp to SR 16 eastbound
Each night from Monday, Aug. 25, through Thursday, Aug. 28
Closing the SR 16 exit to State Route 166. Drivers will be provided a signed detour.
During the project, crews will also pave about 8.5 miles of SR 16 and nearly 4 miles of SR 3. Most of the repaving will occur in the right lane and will require single-lane night closures.
The project is expected to be complete by fall.