- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
DISTRICT COURT | Social media investigation results lead to charges against man
A Washington man was arrested and charged with having immoral communications with a person he believed was an underage girl from South Kitsap.
Nathan Daniel Wood, 22, of Monroe, was charged with communication with a minor for immoral purposes in Kitsap County District Court on Aug. 20. He was booked into Kitsap County Jail on charges of communication with a minor for immoral purposes and attempted third-degree rape of a child. Bail was set at $50,000.
According to charging papers, Kitsap County Sheriff’s deputies started the investigation after a South Kitsap woman discovered her 14 year-old daughter was on a social media dating website posing as a 19 year-old female. The mother contacted two males with whom the daughter was conversing in a chat room. The mother explained the circumstances and her daughter’s actual age, stated court documents.
One of the males ended communication; the other did not. The mother took over chat conversations with the male in the role of her underage daughter. Over the course of several days, the suspect engaged in sexually explicit conversations via text messaging and sent a picture of his genitalia to the person whom he believed was the teenager, court documents say.
The mother reported the incident to sheriff's deputies, who took custody of the girl’s cellphone.
After the initial complaint the case was handed over to detectives with the sheriff’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU), which resumed communications with the suspect, posing as the young teen.
Upon establishing probable cause for an arrest, SIU detectives traveled to Monroe, Snohomish County, where they had arranged to meet with the suspect.
The male was found in possession of a condom at the time of his arrest and admitted to the sexually explicit communications, as well as his intent to have sex with the girl after she arrived, court records stated.
Charges were filed against the following individuals:
• Aug. 26: Michael L. Hulet, 34, Port Orchard, third-degree assault; Joseph Raymond N. Cregier, 29, Port Orchard, two counts of fourth-degree assault; Stephanie Lynn Williams, 18, Port Orchard, driving under the influence;
• Aug. 25: Destiny Lynn Wedekind, 30, Port Orchard, violation of a court order (gross misdemeanor); Richard Michael Nalley, Jr., 19, Gorst, violation of a court order (gross misdemeanor); Leonard L. Miller Overgaard, Jr., 33, Port Orchard, driving under the influence; Amy Lynn Lohse, 31, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault; Christopher Jason Lewis, 31, Port Orchard, fourth-degree assault; Patrick Vaughn Guinn, 24, Olalla, making a false of misleading statement to a public servant; Stephanie Katherine Meyer, 26, Olalla, second-degree taking a motor vehicle without permission.
• Aug. 22: Melissa Dawn Mathes, 31, Port Orchard, third-degree theft; Lary Aaron Littlepage, 25, Port Orchard, second-degree assault.
• Aug. 21: Kip Daniel Green, 24, transient, third-degree assault.
• Aug. 20; Cheryl Lynn Nickerson, 38, Port Orchard, third-degree driving while license suspended or revoked; Adrien Jazz Bigelow, 21, Port Orchard, violation of a court order (gross misdemeanor).