- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
IN OUR OPINION | Get to know the candidates in the Aug. 5 primary
They want to represent you in the halls of county government, in the state Legislature and in Congress.
“They” are the candidates in the Aug. 5 primary election. The top two vote-getters in the primary will advance to the Nov. 4 general election. The winners will be empowered to make decisions on your behalf on issues of state and national importance, and on issues affecting public services in our county.
Get to know the candidates so you can make an educated vote on Aug. 5. Two series of primary election candidate forums are scheduled this month.
The Bremerton Chamber of Commerce’s 17th annual Eggs and Issues Political Forums take place at 7:30 a.m. in the Cloverleaf Sports Bar & Grill, 1240 Hollis St., Bremerton. According to the organizers, “Candidate forums are open to the public as a courtesy; use of recording devices without prior permission is prohibited.”
The Bremerton Chamber of Commerce will record all events and make them available for viewing on the chamber’s website, www.bremertonchamber.org, and YouTube channel.
• July 22: District 35 state Senate candidates Irene Bowling, Travis Couture and Tim Sheldon.
• July 29: County assessor candidates Paul Andrews, Phil Cook, W. Sean Smith and Garry Sobeck.
• Aug. 4: District 35 state representative Position 1 candidates Dan Griffey, Kathy Haigh and Josiah Rowell.
The League of Women Voters of Kitsap County has scheduled the following candidate forums in the Norm Dicks Government Center, 345 6th St., Bremerton. According to the league, “All interested citizens are invited to attend and to bring their questions for the candidates.”
The forums will be recorded for later broadcast on BKAT and will also be viewable on the league’s website, www.lwv-kitsap.org.
• July 21, 6:30 p.m.: 35th District state Senate candidates Irene Bowling, Travis Couture and Tim Sheldon.
• July 21, 7:30 p.m.: 35th District state representative Position 1 candidates Dan Griffey, Kathy Haigh and Josiah Rowell.
• July 22, 6:30 p.m.: Prosecuting attorney candidates Bruce Danielson, Russell Hauge, Tina Robinson and Bob Scales.
• July 22, 7:30 p.m.: County assessor candidates Paul Andrews, Phil Cook, W. Sean Smith and Gary Sobeck.
• July 28, 6:30 p.m.: 26th District state representative candidates Bill Scheidler, Nathan Schlicher and Jesse Young.