- About Us
Football capsule: Shelton at South Kitsap
Shelton Highclimbers (1-2) @ South Kitsap Wolves (2-1)
• Time: 7 tonight.
• Shelton Coach: Matt Hinkle, 18th year.
• League Affiliation: Class 4A Narrows League.
• Offensive formation: I-formation.
• Defensive formation: 4-4.
• Last year’s Record: 3-7.
• 2010 playoff results: Shelton did not qualify for the playoffs.
• Key returners: OL/DL Ben Anderson, Jr., 6-2, 235; OL/DL Cameron Dayton, Sr., 6-1, 235; RB/LB Zac Fennel, Sr., 5-11, 200; RB/LB Thomas Gettle, 6-1, 195; RB/LB Ralph Kinne, Jr., 5-10, 220; RB/DB Shelby Salisbury, Jr., 5-8, 180; WR/LB Joe Strand, Sr., 6-2, 190; OL/LB Cody Tarver, Sr., 6-2, 205; TE/DE David Workman, Jr., 6-4, 230.
• Last meeting with South Kitsap: Shelton won 28-18 last year.
• South Kitsap vs. Shelton: South leads the series 10-8.
• D.J. Sigurdson vs. Shelton: 6-2.
• Last week: Shelton lost 53-14 against Central Kitsap.
• Overview: The Highclimbers finished the 2010 regular season by pushing league champion Olympia to overtime before falling 41-35. They also won their season finale, 33-7, against Yelm from the 3A Narrows League. But that has not translated into success this season. Shelton defeated Black Hills, which plays in the 2A Evergreen Conference, 31-28 on Sept. 9. But in two losses this season, the Highclimbers have been outscored 122-21. Since Shelton rejoined the Narrows in 2008, it has a 2-22 record in league play. One of those victories came last year at Highclimber Stadium when Shelton upset the Wolves 28-18. It was the Highclimbers’ lone league win in 2010.