- About Us
Football capsule: South Kitsap at Stadium
South Kitsap Wolves (4-3) @ Stadium Tigers (2-5)
• Time: 7 tonight.
• Stadium Coach: Jess Nelson.
• League Affiliation: Class 4A Narrows.
• Offensive formation: Wing-T.
• Defensive formation: 3-4.
• Last year’s Record: 4-6.
• 2010 playoff results: Stadium did not qualify for the playoffs.
• Key returners: RB/LB John Collins, Sr., 5-8, 170; SS/WR Will Crumbley, Sr., 5-10, 170; RB/DB Cody Doiron, Sr., 5-8, 160; LB/TE Shane Kurosky, Sr., 5-10, 190; LB/RB T.J. Lynn, Sr., 5-10, 180; LB/OL Thai Springstead, 6-0, 190; OL/DL John Storvick, 5-11, 240; QB Tyler Stumph, Sr., 6-3, 215; OL/DL Shane Vieth, Soph., 5-10, 225.
• Last meeting with Stadium: The Wolves won 38-14 last year.
• South Kitsap vs. Stadium: South leads the series 24-4.
• D.J. Sigurdson vs. Stadium: 3-0.
• Last week: Stadium lost 42-16 at Central Kitsap.
• Overview: The Tigers might be the most perplexing team in 4A Narrows. They ended last season on a two-game winning streak and entered this season with experience on both sides of the ball, including quarterback (Stumph) and running back (Collins). But that has not translated into success this season. Stadium is winless in league play and averages just 17 points per game, which is tied with Shelton for the last in 4A Narrows. The Tigers’ defense has not been much better, as its 41.6 points allowed per game is second worst in the league. The Wolves have won 22 consecutive meetings in the series since Stadium’s 16-7 victory in 1976.