Olympia at South Kitsap | Football capsule
September 26, 2012 · 11:33 AM
• Time: 7 tonight @ Joe Knowles Stadium
• Olympia Coach: Bill Beattie, 18th year.
• League Affiliation: Class 4A Narrows League
• Offensive formation: Multiple.
• Defensive formation: 4-3.
• Last year’s Record: 9-2.
• 2011 playoff results: Olympia lost 21-17 against Lake Stevens in the first round of state.
• Key returners: RB/DL Kyle Alfonso, 5-10, 200, Sr.; RB Casey Bond, 5-10, 190, Sr.; DL Tanner Hartsoch, 6-2, 215, Sr.; WR Alex Johnson, 6-5, 210, Sr.; DB Randy Jones, 5-11, 175, Jr.; OL/DL Connor Wilmovsky, 6-5, 265, Sr.
• Olympia vs. South Kitsap: Olympia leads the series 6-3.
• Last meeting with Olympia: South lost 30-6 on Sept. 16, 2011, at Olympia.
• Last week: Olympia defeated Stadium 54-7.
• Eric Canton vs. Olympia: 0-0.
• Overview: The Bears have been the Narrows League's most steady program during the last decade. Olympia, which has not finished with a losing record since 2004 (4-6), won 28 consecutive regular-season league games before the Wolves defeated the Bears 10-6 in 2009. But before blowing out Stadium last week, Olympia lost its first three nonleague contests by a combined score of 76-12. The Bears feature a talented receiver in Johnson, but lack the playmakers that have made them one of the league's most dynamic offenses during the last several years. Despite that, beating the Bears always has presented a challenge for South. Since the programs began meeting on a yearly basis in 2007, Olympia has won four of the five meetings. The Wolves' lone win in the series required an 82-yard fake punt run for a touchdown by Leon LaDeaux.